I make 2 versions, one with or without bananas. The bananas make it more nutritious but let me warn you - they are addictive.
All purpose flour
Granulated sugar (to desired sweetness)
Bananas - optional
- Mix flour sugar, sugar and instant yeast and warm water until you get a sticky consistency and all ingredients are properly incorporated.
- Cover in a bowl with a cloth and leave to rise at least an hour.
- If using bananas, mash and incorporate into the mixture.
- Heat cooking oil and drop spoonfuls of the mixture in the hot oil
- Fry, flipping until browned on both sides and cooked on the inside (a few minutes)
It is best enjoyed hot but still delicious when cooled down.