Saturday, October 4, 2014

Eggs, eggs and more eggs

Today, I want to talk a little bit about breakfast food - eggs to be specific. I love eggs. Not just because they taste good and can be used in many different ways, but because they are also pretty darn nutritious and filling. Sometimes, I even have em for dinner. Shhh...

What I've got for you here is not much of a cooking lesson; but two delicious breakfast plates and how you too can enjoy them.

First, I've got an Egg and Turkey Bacon wrap.

It is super simple. Whisk two eggs with your favorite seasonings and fry in a non stick pan (or in a regular pan sprayed with cooking spray), cook three slices of turkey bacon as you like and warm up a wholewheat wrap. Layer the egg and bacon with a little (or lot) bit of ketchup and roll it up. 

Et Voila!

Secondly, I've got a family favorite - Sardine Eggs, and I've made it a meal by adding a side of homemade roast potatoes.


Whisk up two eggs, add one (or two) mashed up canned sardines, salt and pepper (to taste). If you like, add a little cayenne pepper to give it some kick. Fry in a non-stick pan just like above and pair with some roast potatoes or hash browns. If you are like me, ketchup completes the dish :-)

Also simple, and delicious!

No comments: