Monday, November 24, 2014

Semi-homemade Dark Chocolate Pecan Cookies

Inspired by half a box of left-over dark chocolate brownie mix and a family member fixing for a snack, I came up with this.

I am not sure why I was convinced I could make cookies from brownie mix, maybe I had seen it on one of the many cookie shows I'd watched and really what is the real difference between cakes, brownies (blondies) and cookies!

I did a little internet search, tweaked a bit to suit my taste and ingredients I had at home and voila!

What you need:

1/2 a box of brownie mix (Pillsbury 18.4oz)
1 egg
1 Tbsp of water
3 Tbsps of canola oil
1/4 cup of flour
Handful of chopped pecans

Preparation:

Mix egg, water and canola oil in a bowl
Add flour and brownie mix
Add chopped pecans
Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are fully combined
(Add 1 more Tbsp of water if needed)
Scoop onto a cookie sheet/baking pan and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 10 - 15 minutes
Allow to cool and enjoy!

I made these cookie along with my oatmeal cookies (see recipe on blog) and they went a whole lot faster.

Simple, a little healthier than the brownies if made according to directions and much more delicious!!!


No comments: